In December I bought a 996 Canadian spec non-sunroof 996turbo in Lapis Blue over cashmere. It was totaled but started right up. LAPD furnished all the parts to fix except the passenger fender and bumper cover. I bought both new/refurbished. Needed a steering rack and a driver’s upright. Also bought a knockoff GT2 front bumper that was supposed to be done as well. Total investment about $23K.
This car was delivered to the body shop in October 2015 and would be done in 3-4 weeks. Price was set at $3,500 as a favor. July 2, 2018, they delivered it.
- No fuel door
- No bumper plug
- Wing no longer operational or installed
- turbo script missing, no doubt stick on the back of a Chevy by this point.
- No hood crest, oh, found it, taken off with a crowbar and it’s in the trunk.
- Headlight trim improperly installed.
- GT2 front bumper assembly lost.
- Hasn’t been started since it was dropped off.
$5K well spent. Yeah, it “cost more than they thought”. Tough sh1t.
This is how it looked in December 2014 when I bought it.