Instant-G Oil Systems
Our oil cooler kits are ready to install and included all needed lines and brackets. We cut the lines to length and install the hose ends, plus provide tech support as needed. Each kit is made to order so if you want other configurations, stock coolers, fans, etc. just let us know.
- Full kits (with thermostats and rocker hose)
- Upgrade kits (which require the factory thermostat and rocker piping)
A typical full kit includes the following:
• Four to five sections Stainless braided hose, cut to length, with hose ends installed.
• Mocal -12 thermostat
• Front radiator style oil cooler
• Mounting brackets
• 10 mounting clamps
• Two 30mm to -12 FEMALE to MALE adapters.
This system can be used when converting to SSIs or headers and eliminate the factory "J" pipe that usually goes from the engine oil outlet pipe to the thermostat, and the pipe from the thermostat to the oil tank.
If you need a system for a 1972 car, see here. Pricing is as others plus $25
Fender Mount Coolers, complete systems for 911 through 1989 (add $25 for 1972)
- Base 19 Row - (11 x 6", 66 square inches) $875 - Yeah, we pretty much refuse to sell these. They are not great.
- 44 Row horizontal slat oil cooler (14"x6.5" 91 square inches) $1095 (Recommended)
- 993 / C2 cooler with thermostatically controlled fan $1595
- Dual 44 row coolers, complete $1595
19 vs 44 row
Nose Mount Coolers, complete systems for 911 through 1989 (add $25 for 1972)
- 44 Row Nose-Mount cooler (adds 6' hose, special brackets, cooler mod) $1095***
- 70 Row Nose-Mount cooler (22"x6.5" , 142 in2) $1195***
- 2 Row Cross flow Nose Mount cooler (adds 2' line plus 180 degree fitting) $1295***
- PC-10 Radiator Style Tank Cooler $1295
- Upgrade to metric-AN fittings (No adapters) $35
- Add an SSI "?" pipe for $129
Single Cooler Upgrade to SC/Carrera (retains factory thermostat and brass lines) Kit Options:
Fender Mount Coolers:
- 19 Row Vertical Slat Cooler $385
- 44 Row horizontal slat oil cooler Passenger Mount (14"x6.5" 92 in2) $695
- 44 Row horizontal slat oil cooler Driver's Side (addition to carrera cooler) (14"x6.5" 92 in2) $795
- Dual 44 Row horizontal slat oil cooler Drivers and Passenger Side (14"x6.5" 92 in2) $1295
- 993 / C2 cooler with thermostatically controlled fan $1295
Nose Mount Coolers
- 70 Row Nose-Mount Cooler (22"x6.5" , 142 in2) $855***
- 70 Row Cross flow Nose Mount Cooler (adds 2' line plus 180 degree fitting) $895***
- PC-10 Radiator Style Tank Cooler $995
- Driver's Side Second Cooler: Adds 44 row cooler, brackets and 13' -12 line $795
- Trombone to Dual Coolers: Adds two 44 row coolers, brackets and 15' -12 line $1295
- For up to 3.0 in all climates I'd recommend a minimum of the 44 Row.
- For 3.2 I'd recommend the 52 Row, which is similar to the factory cooler.
- For 3.6 I'd recommend dual fender mounts (such as a Carrera in the Passenger and a 52 Row in the Driver's fender) or a single 72 row cooler in the nose.
- For 3.6 track use I'd recommend a minimum of the 72 row.
- The largest coolers you can run in early RS bumper is a 50 row, a PC 10 or a B&B. The 72 row will not fit.
*** To use a nose mount cooler you must have a RS (early) or 930S/Ruf/SCRS etc. front valance/bumper.
This is the inexpensive 19 row Mocal cooler. A very tight fit. Needed to weld a stud on for the lower mount. Have Mig, Will travel. Upper mount goes through headlight bucket.
Figure on a solid 3-4 hours for the install. You'll need a cutoff wheel to cut the braided hose.
Some people claim you can use a hacksaw. Dreeeeeaaaammm on! If you buy the kit from us, however, everything is preassembled.
You can also upgrade to the larger horizontal slat cooler for $100 extra.
993 cooler shown above with thermostatically controlled fan.
Here's a nose mounted cooler in an RS front bumper: