We specialize in 3.6-4.0 Metzger-based air and water cooled engines as well as “Classic” 2.0-3.2 based engines.
We generally outsource 996/997 standard engines.
Dr. Timmins has been building 944 turbos since 1989 and air-cooled engines normally aspirated and turbocharged engines since 1995. In 2013 he did his first Metzger 996 turbo engine and two years later GT3. We have the expertise to take on anything from a stock rebuild/refresh to a custom one-off application using aftermarket management from Motec, DTA-Fast or other manufacturers, with everything from stock induction to Webers, individual throttle bodies, turbochargers, etc. The latest DTA T series support dual oxygen sensors, driv e by wire and full knock sensing with knock sensing and traction control.
- We have been a DTA dealer since 2003 and
- We make wiring harnesses in-house for both aftermarket and now Bosch Motronic systems in house from MIL-Spec PTFE (teflon) coated silver plated wire with correct factory connectors.
- Our wiring harnesses have better conductivity and heat resistance than the Porsche factory harnesses they replace. We make applications for 3.2 Carrera, 964 and 55-pin (95 and Euro Varioram) for original applications or as direct swap for conversions into all 911 through 1989 and C2/993 applications.
Engine Expertise through Experience
Over the years we have put together just about every combination imaginable from early 911 through 930 turbo, 3.4, 3.8, 3.9, 4.0, turbocharged and supercharged with all manner of induction. We have built full race engines for enduro and our engine won the 2013 SCCQ enduro championship for 3.4 liter class. We also know what doesn’t work and what’s appropriate for a given application. We are not fans of CIS and, while they are no different to build than any other 911 motor, the induction system can be troublesome to maintain and diagnose, especially when Jetronic oxygen sensing is involved (1980-1983).
- Air Cooled
- 3.6-4.0 Stock Induction and Management Engines
- 3.6-4.0 Individual Throttle Body Engines with aftermarket management
- 2.0-3.4 Classic air cooled engines
- 3.2 Motronic
- Stock and modified twin plug
- 993 Intake with twin plug conversions
- Individual throttle Body Twin-Plug with aftermarket management
- Water Cooled
- GT3 2000-2012 and GT3 Cup 2000-2016, 3.6, 3.8 and 4.0
- 996 Twin Turbo
- 996/997/Boxster/Cayman as needed
- 944/944 turbo – which is where we started!
Most of the products we have developed in house are to support our engine program. When we can’t find what we want we prototype in house. This has lead to an occasional dead end, but we inflict this pain on ourselves. Without exception, prototypes grew out of a need for one of our own vehicles. We try very hard not to experiment on customers!